Our History

What started in 1941 as a way to keep boys off the streets has grown into a comprehensive youth development program empowers boys and girls to be successful citizens and make a difference in their community.  Originally the Club was designed simply as a place for young men to box and play sports.  The Boys & Girls Club of today, as with all good things, has grown and evolved to meet the needs of the community it serves.  Over the last 45 years, the boys and girls club has tripled the number of youth served and grown from a single location to 4 different locations across Washington County.  True to its origins, our commitment to enriching the lives of local youth remains as strong as it did when the first Club opened over 75 years ago.

 



 
Changing Lives Every Day!

For decades The Boys and Girls Club of Washington County has been helping youth to reach their full potential.
Women and Boys cleaning the road

The Pennsylvania Avenue Unit, Opened in 1971. The Pennsylvania Avenue Unit